1. Office open to receive donations December 28-29, 9:00-1:00. The office will be closed December 25-27.
2. Checks that are mailed must be received by CUMC on or before December 31st, 2023, to be reported as 2023 contributions.
3. Online Giving – Contributions made electronically that are received on or after January 1, 2024, will be reported in 2024. Please consider making electronic gifts well in advance of December 31, 2023, as it may take up to three days to process.
4. IRA Gifts – If you are 70½ or older you can make a qualified charitable distribution directly from your IRA to CUMC. This can count toward your required minimum distribution, without being considered taxable income for you. You can make a gift of any amount, up to $100,000 annually. Please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-853-8383) about your gifts so that we can thank you. IRA administrators often do not include the account holders name when they send a check.
5. Stock or Securities & Mutual Funds – Gifts made by December 31st of these funds may be a tax-wise decision. Your financial advisor can explain the possible benefits depending on whether the stock has gained or lost value since the time you acquired it. By doing this you will not have to pay capital gains taxes on the funds you give to the church. To receive your tax receipt, please contact us in advance at email@example.com or 901-853-8383.
6. Year End Statements – CUMC 2023 final end of the year statements for tax purposes will be emailed to e-mail addresses on file or paper mailed to those without e-mail addresses when our staff returns to the office after the first of the year.
7. Have you considering including CUMC in your Will or Trust? We hope you will consider doing so and if you do, we suggest speaking with a reputable estate planning attorney to consider charitable planning strategies. This type of planning could ensure CUMC continues to transform lives in this community for generations to come.