WHO WE ARE
“To Know Christ and to make him known.”
We engage and connect people with a saving knowledge of Christ
and then equip and send them to do the same for others.
“Reaching out to transform lives by
extending God’s love to all.”
Our vision is to see Jesus’ love making all of us new and
being the standard for all our relationships.
Who We Are
Collierville United Methodist Church stands on the shoulders of those who came before us and we in turn train up those who will move our church and community forward into the future. We are a multigenerational congregation with offerings for all ages. Traditional, modern, and online worship settings are offered each Sunday. Small groups are available for any stage of Christian life and self-help. Our mission and vision as well as our core values and guiding behaviors (see below) continue to push us to find and fulfill needs within our community for Christ. Collierville United Methodist Church stands on the shoulders of those who came before us and we in turn train up those who will move our church and community forward into the future.
“In the evening, I went very unwillingly to a society in Aldersgate Street, where one was reading Luther’s preface to the Epistle to the Romans. About a quarter before nine, while he was describing the change which God works in the heart through faith in Christ, I felt my heart strangely warmed. I felt I did trust in Christ, Christ alone for salvation, and an assurance was given me that he had taken away my sins, even mine, and saved me from the law of sin and death.” May 24, 1738 John Wesley (founder of the United Methodist Church)
OUR CORE VALUES
- I will make Scripture my foundation by reading and diving into it daily.
- I will allow Scripture to guide all my decisions and interactions with others.
- I will consistently recognize opportunities to share the Good News.
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”– Psalm 119:105
- I will love God, self, and neighbor as Christ loves.
- I will reflect the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22) in all my interactions.
- I will love God by worshipping corporately each week.
“Jesus answered, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind;” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” – Luke 10:27
- I will welcome ideas, opinions, and perspectives of others.
- I will seek through daily prayer to recognize my weaknesses and will work toward being continually transformed.
- I will believe the best of others’ intentions. (I will look for the Jesus in others.)
“God has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” – Micah 6:8
- I will strive to serve with a spirit of self-sacrifice as Christ.
- I will strive daily to model my actions on the life of Christ.
- I will seek to serve others from pure motives.I will do the smallest task with great love.
“Jesus said, “Whoever wants to be first must be last of all and servant of all.”
– Mark 9:35
- I will be prepared to give the reason for the HOPE that is in me.
- I will seek ways to invite others to worship.
- I will extend God’s love to the world by monthly serving through hands-on projects to the least, the last, and the lost; the hungry, the poor, the child, the widowed, those in prison and in the hospital, etc.
- I will memorize and live out the vision statement of Collierville UMC.