Youth Ministry Assistant
Report to: Director of Youth Ministry
Date Edited: 10-2-19
Collierville United Methodist Church is a 3,000+ member church with over 800 in four worship services on two campuses every Sunday morning. With full programming for preschool, elementary, middle school, high school, adults, and seniors, we have over 25 church staff, over 30 preschool staff, and over 15 nursery staff.
Vision: Reaching out to transform lives by extending God’s love to all.
Mission: To know Christ and to make Him known.
Core Values: Scripture, Love, Humility, Servanthood, Mission
Find us at: www.colliervilleumc.org
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Youth Ministry, this position assists the Director of Youth Ministry in coordinating all youth ministry. This position also requires a person who holds a strong interest in the overall well-being and spiritual growth of students and children and is willing to serve and work with others, especially volunteers, in a team ministry setting.
- Provides clerical support and assists in coordinating and scheduling of all structured weekly youth ministry activities, worship and events.
- Maintains rosters for Sunday school classes and all other structure youth ministry programming and maintains up to date data base for each grade 6th – 12th.
- Keeps the social media accounts current and the church website youth ministry page up to date with all immediate youth ministry information by communicating weekly with the Communications department.
- Works with the Communications department to publicize youth ministry events and produce flyers, posters and other youth ministry information for parents and other members of the congregation.
- Oversees and assists with the organization, stocking and maintenance of the youth ministry supply areas, closets and the youth ministry kiosk desk.
- Assists with organizing and directing special events or special programs in the youth ministry, as well as, family events when student families are involved.
- Assists in planning and coordinating training for all youth ministry volunteers.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibility
This position operates in a professional church office environment and age appropriate ministry environments. The range of work requires adaptability and may require routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position up to 10 hours a week. Days and hours of work will be worked out and agreed upon with the Director of Youth Ministry.
Required Education and Experience
- Two or more years of experience in a similar or related field.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.