Live Production Coordinator
Position Status: Part-Time
Report to: Technical Director
Date Revised: 2/10/2021
To Apply: Submit Cover Letter and Resume to Blaine Tooley, Executive Director of Worship & the Arts: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under the supervision of the Technical Director, he/she will perform audio visual production work and has oversight of the live production of traditional Sunday morning worship services in the Poplar Sanctuary and Sanctuary on the Square. The work involves the use of equipment and applications related to audio, video, and lighting to encourage individuals and groups to express and grow in their Christian faith through the offering of their various gifts and talents to God in mission and ministry.
- Responsible for the live-production of traditional Sunday morning worship services.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and lead A/V volunteers to assist in the live-production of traditional Sunday morning worship services.
- Create weekly worship presentations to include lyrics, videos, slides, and other required assets.
- Troubleshoots to determine whether to repair, replace or send equipment out for repairs.
- Assists the Technical Director with A/V setups for church-related events and activities.
- Assists the Technical Director with live production of major worship services/events.
- Attend weekly or monthly worship meetings, as needed, to discuss upcoming AVL needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or the Senior Pastor.
Job Related Skills
Extensive knowledge of live sound production
- Knowledge of and ability to use audio, video, and lighting equipment
- Ability to use and run Presentation Software (Media Shout, ProPresenter, etc.)
- Technical troubleshooting skills – audio, video, and lighting equipment.
- Experience with live video production preferred
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Project Management & Collaboration Skills
- Time Management
- Instructing Others
- Communication Proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional church office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets. This position is required to lift up to 75lbs. This position also runs specialized equipment for sound, videoing and lighting. This position is required to use a hydraulic scissor lift and ladder.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, approximately 10 hours/week including weekend and evening hours. Additional hours will be available seasonally. (ie., Easter, Christmas, special events, etc.)
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Advanced training and certifications in technical worship arts preferred
- 2 years of experience preferred in the audio and video ministry in the local church setting appropriate for this ministry position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants interested in this job need to submit their cover letter and resume to Blaine Tooley, Executive Director of Worship and the Arts: email@example.com.