Nursery (birth - age 3)
AT POPLAR CAMPUS - Every Sunday from 8:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Room 100 (next to Library near Common Cup entrance)
AT THE SANCTUARY ON THE SQUARE - Nursery is available each Sunday from 8:15-9:30 a.m.
In the basement nursery room (near lower level street entrance)
Our nursery is also available during the weekdays to provide child care for church-wide meetings, special events, classes, as well as music rehearsals. Please visit the calendar page or reference the Newsletter calendar.
What To Bring
Please supply a diaper bag with the following items when you bring your baby to the nursery:
- At least two extra diapers or pull-ups
- Well labeled bottles or sippy cup, enough for baby’s stay
- Pacifier if needed
- Complete change of clothes
- Please label all items with your child's name
We make every effort to keep the nursery a healthy, clean and germ-free environment. We ask that parents keep their child at home if they have experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 24 hours:
- Fever- Oral temperature of 100 degrees or higher or rectal temperature of 101 degrees.
- Cough- Severe coughing or a productive cough.
- Diarrhea- Abnormally loose stools in the previous 24 hours.
- Vomiting- Any vomiting within the previous 24 hours.
- Eye/Nose Drainage- Purulent (green, yellow, thick or otherwise unusual) nasal or eye drainage.
- Rashes- Any rashes that are undiagnosed or contagious.
- Sore Throat- Any sore throat, especially with fever or when swollen glands in the neck are present.
The mission of the CUMC Nursery is to provide a safe and nurturing environment, which promotes the healthy growth of children and their families, so that together they may come “to Know Christ and to Make Him Known.”
We strive to help each child:
- Associate God, Jesus, and the Bible with positive, happy feelings
- Know that Jesus is a very special friend who loves them
- Think of church as their church, a place where people love them and help them have happy experiences
- Have positive feelings about themselves, feelings of appreciation and self-worth
- Begin to show love, respect, and acceptance of others
- Make progress in sharing, communicating, and responding to others in appropriate ways
- Eventually come to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.