The mission of the Stephen Ministry team is “to show God’s love through Christian caring.” If you are in need of one-on-one Christian care, then contact Carol Ingram at (901) 573-2556 or Rev. David Atkinson at (901) 853-8383. All correspondence is kept confidential. Stephen Minister Application
To learn more about Stephen Ministries, visit the national website.
Through writing cards, we share love, support, care and prayer with those who have been ill, home-bound or on the prayer list. We meet each Tuesday at 1pm in Room 100. To help write cards in Christ’s love, contact Ruth Walters at (901) 827-4584 or email@example.com.
To request a visit or become a visitor, contact Ruth Walters at (901) 827-4584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing speaks of love more than a homemade casserole and bread delivered when you most need it. To cook and/or deliver, contact Ginny Slover, 901-853-1401 or email@example.com.
Flowers brighten any day and are a tangible sign of God’s love and ours to home-bound members. To help arrange or deliver Sunday’s flowers from our Sanctuary on Monday morning, contact Judy Caulk at 901-853-3941 or Jhcaulk@att.net.
Knitting for Missions
This group of energetic and compassionate women knits and crochets prayer shawls, pocket prayer squares, baby items for local hospitals, scarves and hats for homeless persons and needy Collierville Elementary students. Meetings include prayer and devotionals. Beginners are always welcome.
- Wednesdays at 6:30pm Contact Norene Ritchey, 901-853-2748.
- Thursdays at 10:00am Contact Mary Crutchfield, 901-853-7291.
Would you like us to bring you communion to your home? We deliver communion on the first Sunday of every month. If you are home-bound and would like communion please contact Mary Ann Medlin, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 901-493-8415
The Columbarium and Memorial Garden
- The Columbarium is a sacred, permanent structure comprised of niches to contain cremated human remains. It provides a final resting place with special meaning for church members and their families for whom involvement in the church was an important part of life on earth and a meaningful end-of-life option.
- Who is Eligible? Church members and their spouses, their children (including adopted children and step-children) and others with strong ties to the church if approved by the Columbarium Committee upon written request.
- Niche Cost is $3,000 which accommodates two remains and includes inurnment and engraving of granite faceplate.
- The Memorial Wall holds plaques that are $500 each and commemorating individuals who have already passed or will have traditional burial in the future.
- Columbarium Committee
Julie Smith, Chairperson, 901.486.9160, email@example.com
Committee Members: Reverend David Atkinson, Cindy Brewer, Sandy Carpenter, Sherry Douglas, Cindy Ford, Bill O’Connor, Julie O’Connor, Curt Terry, Susan Watson and Scot Woodard